Direct Primary Care Services
With Wander Medicine
Direct primary care with Wander Medicine is a new and better way of providing primary medical care in the Boise area.
In this model, patients or their employers, pay a small monthly fee in exchange for direct access to their primary care physician whenever medically needed. All middle-men like insurance companies are cut out of the equation.
Direct primary care allows Wander Medicine to utilize every dollar you pay to go towards your health, as well as avoid interference from third-parties that do not have your best interests in mind.
● 24/7 direct access to your primary care provider for emergencies.
● Fully transparent pricing that is affordable.
● Extended diagnostic capabilities including ultrasound, EKG, pulmonary function testing, exercise stress tests, and medical imaging.
● Wholesale prices on generic medications and laboratory checks.
● Procedures including skin lesion removal, laceration repair, fracture care, and women's health.
● Discounts on intravenous infusions and ketamine therapy at our direct primary care clinic.
● A healthcare team that is accountable and always has your back.
● The ability to take care of (or make definitive care plans) for > 95% of health needs. Most primary care clinics incentivize referrals. Wander Medicine aims to take care of all your medical needs in-house.
● Adults >= 50 years old $85
● Adults < 50 years old $75
● Healthy children of adult members (<26 years old) $35 (family discount)
● Pediatrics < 18 years old $60
● Full-time college students $50 ($500 annually if paid in full initially)
● Primary care physician visits (wellness exams, well-child checks, newborn care, sick care, travel consults, occupational and sports physicals).
● Nurse visits (consultations including: travel, infusion, vaccinations, dietary, medical kit, and general health).
● Telemedicine visits.
● Calls, texts, and emails directly to your nurses and primary care physician.
● After hours calls and texts for urgent problems (that cannot wait until morning).
● Complex medical management of chronic disease like diabetes, mental health problems, heart disease, and etc.
● If medically necessary, same day or next day visits will always be available.
● Lab test acquisition.
● Hearing and vision testing.
● Discounted prices on diagnostics, office procedures, labs, medications, and intravenous therapy services.
● EKGs $10
● Point of care ultrasound $10
● Point of care echocardiogram $20
● Pulmonary function tests $10
● Pelvic exams $10
● Exercise stress test $100
● Sutures, skin glue repair, skin biopsy, IUD insertion/removal, toenail removal, joint injections/aspirations, splinting and casting of injured body parts, microscopic fluid analysis, and other minor office procedures $30
● Cryotherapy $10
● Skin excision $40
● Urgent skin repair, after hours $125
● Nebulizer treatment $10
● Devices like IUDs, wholesale pricing
● Wholesale prices on a full panel of labs (example: CBC $6)
● Point of care labs including strep, flu, mono $10
● Urinalysis $5
● Pregnancy and glucose testing $3
● Wholesale pathology (approximately $65 per tissue sample)
● Sexually transmitted infections (syphilis, HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and urine pregnancy for females) $80
● 12-Panel Urine Drug Screen (AMP, BAR, BUP, BZO, COC, mAMP/MET, MDMA, MOP300, MTD, OXY, PCP, THC (OX, pH, SG)) $10
● Wholesale prices on all oral medications and immunizations.
● Wander Medicine website prices on intravenous medications and fluids without the consultation fee.
● Ketamine therapy 40% off.
● Wholesale imaging prices on MRIs ($660), CTs ($440), X-rays ($66), formal ultrasound $220, mammograms, and etc.
AFTER HOURS HOME VISITS
● Nurse home visits available for $80 if < 3 miles from clinic, by appointment.
● Physician/nurse practitioner home visits available for $150 if < 3 miles from clinic, by appointment.
● Specialty physician care. Though the providers at Wander Medicine can handle most medical issues, sometimes consulting a specialist can be helpful.
● Obstetrical emergencies and deliveries. We can take care of you while you are pregnant, but we cannot perform your delivery or handle pregnancy emergencies.
● Surgical procedures requiring an operating room.
● Physical and occupational therapy.
● Speech therapy.
● Mental health therapy, though we can manage all classes of psychiatric medications.
● Cancer treatment.
● Hospital care, however, we are excellent at keeping people out of the hospital.
Wander Medicine does not accept any form of insurance and we are not able to see patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid due to federal law. Patients are welcome to submit any claims to their own insurance for any care rendered, devices, and/or medications/immunizations received.
We recommend you maintain some form of medical insurance to protect you and your loved ones from catastrophes like a severe traumatic injury or a new cancer diagnosis. We can help you find the right insurance plan for you, your family, or your workforce if you do not already have one! If you do not have insurance, Wander Medicine will treat you just like any of our other members!
HOW TO JOIN
Schedule a "New Patient Consultation" for $100. After this, you will have a 7-day grace period where you may elect to join the clinic or not. If you decide to join, your monthly payments will start immediately. If you do not decide to join the clinic within 7 days of your wellness visit, you may join at any time but will need to pay a one-time $100 new patient fee. Dependents of adult members are not required to pay a one-time fee. The one-time fee is waived for any full-time college students. If you have not joined the clinic since your initial consultation and 12 months or more has passed, please schedule a "New Patient Consultation." Wander Medicine reserves the right to deny membership to any patient that the clinic does not feel they can adequately care for. If you are denied membership, Wander Medicine will refund 50% of your "New Patient Consultation" fee.
HOW TO CANCEL
You may cancel your membership at any time. Just let us know in writing, via email or direct mail that you would like to cancel. Please include the exact date you would like your membership to end. We will stop your recurring payments after the specific date you give us for your cancelation. Any payments already received are non-refundable.
RE-JOINING THE CLINIC FOLLOWING CANCELLATION
If you cancel and decide to rejoin, you will be responsible for paying the $100 "New Patient Consultation" fee. Additionally, if more than 12 months have not passed since leaving the clinic, you will be responsible for paying monthly fees for every month missed since your cancellation. For instance, if you quit and wish to rejoin 6 months later, you will pay $100, 6 monthly worth of payments ($450 for an adult < 50), and your first month's payment at the time of rejoining.
Wander Medicine offers sexually transmitted infection, vaccine titer, COVID 19 testing, and 12-panel urine drug screening to the general public, without a prescription. The clinic also offers immunizations for travel and occupational health to anyone interested. Additionally, both nurse and physician visits are available for travel health and infusion consultations. Patients may visit the infusion clinic for fluids and medications, including ketamine, if referred by their outside mental health provider and have a prescription. Wander Medicine providers can also see you and prescribe intravenous therapies, in many cases as walk-ins. Wander Medicine prides itself on being a center of excellence in the fields of travel and adventure medicine. We can help you build a custom medical kit and provide non-members with education, medications, and vaccines for all of their travel needs. All of the above services are offered for affordable-direct and transparent prices, listed on our website.
WHAT DOES WHOLESALE MEAN?
Wholesale means that Wander Medicine clinic negotiates the lowest price possible with third parties and offers these services, medications, immunizations, and medical devices to patients with no additional markup.
Contact us for more information or to join!