We can thank public health measures like clean water, sanitation, and immunizations for our increased lifespans, improved quality of life, and overall wellness.
Public health is the art and science of preventing disease on a population scale. Wander Medicine believes that public health is the cornerstone of any healthcare system. As such we offer laboratories, immunizations, and diagnostics regarding epidemic problems like heart disease to both members and non-members alike.
Boise Public Health Services
With Wander Medicine
We are offering laboratory and rapid testing for COVID-19. Testing does not require a physician prescription and is available to anyone interested. Our rapid tests have results within 10 minutes. For laboratory testing, Wander Medicine will call you back as soon as we have the results, typically in 24 to 72 hours. Please note that all of the below tests are the subject of active research. Much remains to be understood about COVID-19 testing and the virus in general. We currently offer RNA, antigen, and antibody testing per below.
● Drive-thru COVID-19 RNA PCR test: This is our most accurate test (95%) and tests for an active infection. If you are traveling, this is the test that most airlines and countries require. Obtaining the lab specimen is easy and requires no needles. It is performed by nasal swab (sticking a cotton swab in your nose to collect mucous). We will test you inside your own vehicle in the parking lot on the west side of the clinic building. We ask that you isolate yourself until we call you back with your results in 24 to 72 hours. $140
● Rapid COVID-19 Antigen test: This tests for an active infection, and will have results within 10 minutes. Note: this test is less accurate than our PCR test and is not recommended for those traveling. $75
● Rapid COVID-19 IgM & IgG Antibody test: This tests for a previous exposure, and will have results within 10 minutes. Note: this test is less accurate than our laboratory antibody test. $75
● COVID-19 IgM & IgG antibody tests: This laboratory screening test includes the IgM & IgG antibodies. IgM is often the first antibody made by our bodies following infection and typically becomes detectable 10-14 days after exposure. IgG antibodies typically become detectable about 1 month after exposure. Antibody tests require a blood draw. $70
● COVID-19 IgG Spike antibody test: This laboratory test screens for the presence of IgG antibodies that are able to attach to the spike protein on the surface of the COVID-19 virus. Presence of these antibodies can help evaluate an individual's immune response to vaccines. $70
● COVID-19 test referral: We can refer you to get tested at our local laboratory partner, Cole Diagnostics. $25
NOTICE: All laboratory tests collected after 3pm will be sent out the following day. WE CANNOT CONDUCT LABORATORY COVID-19 TESTING ON WEEKENDS. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Our online booking has the most up-to-date availability, please click here to schedule. If you are not sure which test is right for you, choose one test at the time of booking and we can discuss your options at the appointment. In order to reduce the spread of infection, we ask that you pay for your test prior to testing via our online portal. We will not test you until payment has been received, please click here to pay. If you schedule an appointment and do not show up, a $20 no-show fee will be charged.
Public health keeps all of us safe from diseases that affect our entire population. Wander Medicine believes that any laboratories related to public health should be widely available to the public, they should not require a physician prescription, and they should be affordable. While Wander Medicine members have access to all laboratories at wholesale prices, public health labs are available to all-comers. This includes laboratories for sexually transmitted infections, vaccine titers for evidence of immunity, COVID-19 testing, Hepatitis C virus, Zika virus testing, and 12-drug panel urine drug screenings . As new diseases become public health concerns, Wander will add additional testing as needed.
● Sexually transmitted infections (syphilis, HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and urine pregnancy for females) $125
● Vaccine titers (Hepatitis A and B, varicella, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diphtheria) $205
● Drive-thru COVID-19 RNA PCR test $140
● Rapid COVID-19 Antigen test $75
● COVID-19 IgM & IgG antibody test $70
● Rapid COVID-19 IgM & IgG antibody test $75
● COVID-19 IgG Spike antibody test $70
● Hepatitis C ab w/reflex HCV $50
● Zika virus IgM $250
● 12-Drug Panel Urine Drug Screen (AMP, BAR, BUP, BZO, COC, mAMP/MET, MDMA, MOP300, MTD, OXY, PCP, THC (OX, pH, SG)) $30